Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

6.13.2016

Poem: "Reminders of Ruin"

"Eversong Woods" by JJcanvas on DeviantArt

Reminders of Ruin
By: Eve Estelle

Pathways of tawny stone,
Turned gold by the rays of the splendent sun;
Where once had lain bone, verdant grasses thrive,
They rest their blades while the rivers run
Calm and gentle through the battered lands.
And where there'd be the clash of swords,
Now there sung are the songs of trees,
The regal lords with bark like ivory,
Adorned with aureate and crimson leaves.

But take not for granted the precious flower,
For a solemn promise has so long been kept;
Echoes would remain from their darkest hour,
And beauty would rise where chaos swept -
Whither wept were mournful tears.

6 comments:

  1. O.O Whoa. I just found your blog through Stories by Firefly. This was really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yeah, I remember seeing your name - you asked some great questions during Faith's Q&A! :) Thanks so much for stopping by, and for being my 100th GFC follower! You rock!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh. You're wording is so-oh gorgeous, Eve. Like I can't even begin to describe. ;)

    Congrats on 100 Google followers!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful poem, Eve :D I actually love the title. I like how your poems are short and meaningful at the same time. It's amazing. I really think you need to get published now :P haha btw congrats on your 100 followers. You deserve it. Yaayy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I appreciate you being one of those 100 followers, Heena! Thanks for all your sweet words, comments, and support. As for publishing, I've got some exciting news to come about that soon!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!