Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

12.25.2014

Poem: "Gleam of December"

CC image by Joe Buckingham via Flickr

Gleam of December
By: Eve Estelle

When the ground turns white
And there's a chill in the air,
A special feeling signals the season is near;
Relax by the fire,
With the candles alight,
And let the room be filled with holiday cheer.

A peak out the window brings a smile to your face,
As the holiday spirit's seen all over the place.
Snow forts and snowmen, lights and wreathes;
Colors dance, children tease.
The angels listen as the carolers sing,
And the distant sound of sleigh bells ring.

Doves of peace fly over the land,
Bringing love and joy that shall withstand
The many sorrows of this fading year.
Mistletoe lines every open door,
And in this time of kindness, you can't ask for more;
A welcoming hand, sounds of laughter,
And that homey feeling that we're all after.

'Tis the night before Christmas,
And all through the house..
..Dreams of Comet and Cupid,
Dancer and Dasher,
Of Prancer, Vixen,
Donner and Blitzen;
Of glowing red noses, and of old Saint Nick,
That holiday magic—it does just the trick.


Author's note: Merry Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate)! Hope you all have a wonderful new year.

2 comments:

  1. A perfect festive poem, I love your writing.I am now officially a member of your blog and I can't wait to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I very much appreciate that! :) I'm glad you enjoy my writing. I'm only on for a moment right now, but I always try to return the favor, so I will give your blog a follow as soon as I get the chance to read some of your own work!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!